If you are interested in the volcanic eruption in Iceland (Bárðarbunga), then have a look on the following websites:
- Volcano Cafe Blog: http://volcanocafe.wordpress.com/
- Eruption Blog: http://www.wired.com/category/eruptions/
- Jón Frímann Blog: http://www.jonfr.com/volcano/
- Dave McGarvie: http://davemcgarvie.wordpress.com/
- Volcanodiscovery.com: http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/news.html
Scientists in Iceland:
- Icelandic Met Office (IMO): http://en.vedur.is/ (Be nice to this website and don't overload it)
- Futurevolc: http://futurevolc.hi.is/
- Institute of Earth Science: http://earthice.hi.is/bardarbunga_2014
News outlets in Iceland:
- Morgunblaðið (icelandic) - http://www.mbl.is/
- RUV (english/icelandic) - http://www.ruv.is/volcano
- Iceland Review (english): http://icelandreview.com/
- Dave McGarvie: https://twitter.com/subglacial/
- Erik Klemetti (eruptions blog): https://twitter.com/eruptionsblog
- Gisli Olafsson: https://twitter.com/gislio
- Almannavarnir: https://twitter.com/almannavarnir
- Jón Frímann: https://twitter.com/jonfr500
- Mike Ross: https://twitter.com/eruptionchaser
- 3D earthquake map of Bæring: http://baering.github.io/
- NASA Worldview (satellite): https://earthdata.nasa.gov/labs/worldview/
Welcome to the new version of Stromboli.org. Not that much has changed. The menue is now at the top and not at the side anymore. I still hope that you find what you are looking for. Enjoy! Otherwise please let me know.
- The overview map with all volcano live cams can be found here.
- A selection of live cams of some more active volcanoes can be found here.
- Various pictures of volcanoes can be found here.
- Various links can be found here.
- If you want to contact me, you can find the contact details here.
Thanks to Fred Rostorfer, Jamie Trouskie, Kevin Rogers, J. Emmelhainz, Jessica Reitano, Simone Genovese, Roz Fordham, Th. u. Chri. Iseli-Mori, Jürgen Emmelhainz, Kent Stewart, François Chataigner, Mike Junker and others for pointing to new or even their own cams!
And last but not least: the biggest thank you goes of course to the operators of the different volcano live cams!